A creamy Southern-style corn casserole that will wow every time and even picky eaters will come for second helpings of this casserole.
This recipe is adapted from 4sonrus site
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can cream-style sweet corn
- salt & pepper, to taste
Mixing bowls: Ebay (set of 6 stainless steel mixing bowls with lids) or these ones from Amazon (set of three mixing bowls)
Measuring set: Ebay
Awesome set of 16 mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons
Whisk: Balloon whisks works best, Set of three from Ebay or Amazon
Baking Dish: This Pyrex dish from Amazon is perfect or this one with a lid
Microwave save bowl: Amazon
Mixing Spoons: Amazon or Ebay
- In a microwave save container, melt the butter. and set the butter aside to cool.
- While the butter is cooling whisk the sugar, eggs and milk until evenly incorporated.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth and evenly incorporated.
- Then add the cooled butter to the mixture and whisk until evenly combined.
- Stir in the can of Cream styled Sweet Corn and the drained can of Whole Kernel Corn until evenly combined.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to an 20x20cm baking dish. The mixture is very runny, so don’t worry too much about smoothing out the top.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for an hour to an hour fifteen minutes. Start checking after one hour. Take out of the oven when the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve while still warm. Enjoy!
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 268mg | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 834IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg
Only five Ingredients!!! Original Recipe from Tasty.co You will need: 2 large egg yolks, at…
All claim and fame To the Polish Housewive for this delicious soup recipe. I made…